IVF Advice Centre
When should you start thinking about IVF or ICSI?
- If both your fallopian tubes are blocked or badly damaged.
- If you have been diagnosed with unexplained infertility (that means all your tests are normal)for more than 2 years
- Other techniques such as fertility drugs or 2-4 cycles of intrauterine insemination (IUI) have not been successful.
- If you have Moderate to Severe Endometriosis.
- If you have reduced ovarian reserve, which means lower quantity (and sometimes quality) of eggs. It is usually treated with either IVF, or with IVF with egg donation.
- If you have premature ovarian failure than you need IVF with egg donation
- If you have a problem with your uterus than you need IVF with surrogacy
- If you are using embryo testing (PGD/PGS) to avoid passing on a genetic condition to your child.
- The male partner has sperm problems, as low sperm count & motility or abnormal shape sperms
- If your husband has zero sperms in semen, than sperms from testis can be retrieved and used in IVF-ICSI
- If your husband has ejaculation problems
IVF - IN VITRO FERTILISATION, TEST TUBE BABY Art of making babies
IVF treatment involves the fertilization of an egg (or eggs) outside the body in the lab .The treatment can be performed using your own eggs and sperm, or using either donated sperm or donated eggs, or both.
The Entire IVF procedure is divided broadly into Five Stages:
- Ovarian stimulation and monitoring
- Egg retrieval
- Fertilization and embryo development in lab
- Embryo transfer
- Pregnancy test